Marking Period 3
1) Visit www.rapcs.org, click on Teacher Pages > Ms. Henderson
Read the Welcome Letter!
Have a parent or guardian email email@example.com, with any questions.
2) Research Journal and/or sketchbook keeping, online or through conversations with others. Has anyone you have known kept a sketchbook? Ask at home! Write down your findings and turn in for a grade!
3) Use value (one color, of various tints and shades) to decorate one piece of paper.
Value : an Element of Art that describes the lightness or darkness of a surface or a color.
4) Draw your favorite food.
5) Research optical illusion art. Select an op artist or work of op art and write one paragraph.
6)Create an original piece of op art.
7)Draw a room of your house in one point perspective. You may draw an imaginary room, as well.
8)Free Draw! (complete a drawing of your choice)
9)Draw an object from observation.
Marking Period 4
1) Free Draw.
2) Create an original mandala, while listening to music.
3) Research critiques. Look them up online, look up videos, look up definitions, check out a museum review, or art critic. Write about what you find and turn it in for grading.
4) Collect objects and begin the planning of your sculpture.
5)Pick a sculpture and write the artist’s name, title, and why you chose it. Email or bring in to me.
6)•Find an artist that shares your ideas or images. • Write down or email the artist’s name • Challenge: Teach me something!!!!
7)Complete any missing work before grades close.