Marking Period 3
1) Visit www.rapcs.org, click on Teacher Pages > Ms. Henderson
Read the Welcome Letter!
Have a parent or guardian email email@example.com, with any questions.
2) Research Journal and/or sketchbook keeping, online or through conversations with others. Has anyone you have known kept a sketchbook? Ask at home! Write down your findings and turn in for a grade!
3) Use value (one color, of various tints and shades) to decorate one piece of paper.
Value : an Element of Art that describes the lightness or darkness of a surface or a color.
4) Research optical illusion art. Select an op artist or work of op art and write one paragraph.
5)Create an original piece of op art.
6)Draw a room of your house in one point perspective. You may draw an imaginary room, as well.
7)Free Draw! (complete a drawing of your choice)
Marking Period 4
1) Extra Credit ONLY: Create an original mandala, while listening to music. DUE WEEK OF APRIL 23-27
2)Find a painting/artist you like. Email or write down the title and artist, and why you chose him/her. DUE WEEK OF APRIL 30 – MAY 4
3) Use observation (look at the person in front of you), to draw the eyes of someone you know. DUE WEEK OF MAY 7- 11
4) Use observation (look at the person in front of you), to draw the nose of someone you know. DUE WEEK OF MAY 14- 18
5)Use observation (look at the person in front of you), to draw the mouth of someone you know. DUE WEEK OF MAY 21- 25
6)Create abstract art that fills one full piece of paper. DUE WEEK OF MAY 28- JUNE 1
7) Complete any missing work before grades close. DUE WEEK OF JUNE 4- 8