Marking Period 3
1) Visit www.rapcs.org, click on Teacher Pages > Ms. Henderson
Read the Welcome Letter!
Have a parent or guardian email email@example.com, with any questions.
2) Research Journal and/or sketchbook keeping, online or through conversations with others. Has anyone you have known kept a sketchbook? Ask at home! Write down your findings and turn in for a grade!
3) Use value (one color, of various tints and shades) to decorate one piece of paper.
Value : an Element of Art that describes the lightness or darkness of a surface or a color.
4)Draw your favorite food.
5) Research optical illusion art. Select an op artist or work of op art and write one paragraph.
6)Create an original piece of op art.
7)Draw a room of your house in one point perspective. You may draw an imaginary room, as well.
8)Free Draw! (complete a drawing of your choice)
Marking Period 4
1)Create an artwork using pointillism as the technique. Use any medium you choose.
2) Create an original mandala, while listening to music.
3) Watch animation (cartoon, movie, video game, online video, etc.), and draw a scene from that episode.
4) Free Draw!
5)Choose a person for your place setting at our “Dinner Party”. Research that person and gather drawings, symbols, pictures, words, etc., of that person) Be ready to create your place setting next class!
6) Complete any missing work.